5-Ingredient Almond & Rosemary Crackers
These crackers are so simple to make and the aroma of the rosemary as they bake is what will tempt you to try them as soon as they are out of the oven BUT…patience will be rewarded if you let them cool so that they can crisp up.
If you have a sweet tooth, these crackers are divine with a fig tapenade. Try partnering these crackers with mushroom pate if you prefer a savoury palette. Either way, these crackers will become your ‘go to’ cracker if you’re like me and become hooked!
3 1/2 cups of almond flour
1 teaspoon of pink salt
4 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 eggs (for a vegan recipe use: 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed + 3 tablespoons of water per vegan egg)
1. Heat the oven to180C (350F)
2. Combine flour, salt and rosemary in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and olive oil. Add this to the almond flour and mix until well combined.
(For the vegan recipe, in a separate bowl, mix together the ground flax and water. Add the olive oil & whisk this mixture together. Add this to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until well combined)
4. Roll the dough into a ball and place in between 2 sheets of baking paper. Roll the dough evenly to approx’ 4mm (1/8 inch) thick.
5. Using a 5cm (2 inch) diameter cookie cutter cut out the cookies. (Different size cookie cutters are fine depending on the cookie size you prefer)
6. Bake for 12 -15 minutes (or until lightly golden)
7. Allow crackers to cool before serving.
These crackers will store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.